The manual therapeutic procedures applied for prophylactic or corrective purposes within the Yumeiho® therapy consist of osteo-articular manipulation and mobilization techniques; passive myo-articular gymnastics; point-therapy procedures; special massage techniques and procedures; stretching elements (stretches, elongations); methods of posture correction and balancing; exercises to optimize, balance and harmonize the biomechanics of musculoskeletal system, the spine and or the upper and lower limbs.
In order to benefit from the effects of the Yumeiho® therapy, it is necessary to know the following information:
- The patient must wear light, thin and soft cotton clothing (no synthetic materials!). The patient should take off shoes, glasses, a watch and jewelry;
- The patient must be completely relaxed, both mentally and physically;
- The patient should not stop taking medication that has been prescribed, but may gradually reduce the dose in accordance with the effects of the therapy at the indications of the treating physician;
- The frequency and duration of the sessions are determined taking into account the specific needs of each patient. To ensure the effectiveness of the therapy, the patient should receive at least one therapy session per week. Patients with an extremely serious problem can receive a maximum of two treatment sessions per day. As the patient's condition improves, sessions can be scheduled at longer intervals. The duration of a treatment can vary from 15 to 90 minutes;
- Ideally, treatment should be systematically performed according to a clear schedule established by the therapist. For the patient who cannot be treated systematically for various reasons, even partial treatment can provide a satisfactory healing effect;
- Multiple treatments may be necessary. The more the treatment is applied, the more flexible the body becomes. Improvement (sometimes spectacular) can occur after a single therapy, but the effect will not persist. Stabilization requires constant treatment over a longer period. The number of sessions required can vary from patient to patient and depends on the degree of activity of the patient;
- The patient should be aware of the fact that even if the therapy has a strong improving effect, a balanced lifestyle, both metal and physical, is needed to maintain the effects;
- It is important to note that treatment should not be stopped if the symptoms disappear, but should be continued until the patient's condition is fully normalized. Only this can prevent the pain from returning;
- Both the therapist and the patient must adhere to the rules for basic personal hygiene;
- You are requested not to take non-prescribed pain killers, drugs or alcohol before and during therapy;
- The application of Yumeiho therapy to people who are intoxicated or severely mentally ill is forbidden and the patient will be refused in this case;
- The patient must have eaten his meal at least 1 hour prior to therapy;
- In the event of exceptionally heavy menstruation, treatment should be avoided. The patient may always reschedule the appointment for this;
- In the event of moderate to higher severity of the problem, the consent of the treating physician is required for the application of the therapy.